I’ve been tagged by the fabulous pirate expert and storyteller extraordinaire, Katherine Bone, to take part in The Next Big Blog Tour! Here are the ten interview questions. Ready, set, go!
AUDRA, released April 29th
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
Audra Kingsley was a minor character from my first novel, RHIANNA. She was young, but developing a strong romance with the boy next door. Audra refused to let me rest until her story was complete!
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I saw a great photo of Ian Somerhalder that made me think he would be a fabulous Crispin Brighton (the hero). I’m still looking for an actress that captures my Audra.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Audra Kingsley, wealthy heiress, fights against general convention to marry her true love.
6) Who is publishing your book?
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Something around five and six months.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I feel like there has to be a Barbara Cartland book out there that has some of the same situations – kidnappings, stalkers, overzealous patronesses who want to marry off their girls to who they think best.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Audra herself wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s a feisty one, who more or less demanded her story be told, and she wouldn’t leave me alone until it was done.
10) What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?
AUDRA is great for anyone who loves English historical romances set in and around London during the Season, with a heavy emphasis on mystery and suspense. And, of course, a happily ever after!
Nancy Loyan: http://nlsscribe.com/blog/
Leslie P. Garcia: http://lesliepgarcia.wordpress.com/
Melinda Dozier: http://melindadozier.blogspot.com/
Christine S. Feldman: http://christinesfeldman.com/
R.T. Wolfe: http://rtwolfe.com/
See you next Wednesday, ladies!